frost

frost

September 11, 2012

Vintage Flour Sack Dish Towels

Vintage Flour Sack Dish Towels



    I love these vintage 'Days of Week' flour sack dish towels.  They are hand embroidered, with kittens doing daily chores. 
    These didn't find their way to the booth, they took residence in a spare bedroom. 

Busy Little Kitty






    I love anything made from flour sacks, reminds me of childhood, when material wasn't wasted, flour sacks, feed sacks, and even tiny tobacco sacks were used for something.  The feed sacks were the most colorful and were used to make dresses and aprons.  Seems like another lifetime ago, my how things change.  Guess my mom felt the same way,
since she told of plowing with oxen and
being startled when she saw her first car.

God Bless You, wherever you are,
Trisha

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!They are too beautiful to use! Good that you kept them:)

    ReplyDelete