frost

frost

April 14, 2013

My Soul Desires the Firstripe Fruit




Woe is me, for I am as when they have gathered the summer fruits, 
as the grapegleanings of the vintage:  there is no cluster to eat: 
 my soul desired the firstripe fruit. 
Micah  7 :1

   After church today, this verse kept coming to me.  
I think I know why.  We have churches all around us,
 but, don't feel God's presence in them.  
We long for the presence of God.  
That's one reason we go to church. 
 Our souls desire the firstripe fruit.

   We did feel God's presence in church this morning,
 and had a good time in fellowship afterward;
 but, we had to drive many miles into another county to do so.

   Last week the Pastor asked my husband,
 "After we're gone, do you think the younger men will pick up the reigns
 and keep the church going right?" 
 My husband said, "They will pick up the reigns,
 but, I'm afraid they might not go right, they might pull to the left."  

   I've posted before, if you are in a good Spiritual church, 
please guard it with all your heart, and fervent prayer.  
How quickly the world moves in, and moves God out of the services.  
We've seen this happen in most of the churches near us.  
Good people got caught up in politics, sports, movies, and worldly things,
and lost sight of the great commission. 

God is real, Jesus Christ is real, The Holy Ghost is real.
When we get saved, they set up their abode in our hearts.
At the end of our days, they will receive us into glory. 
Until then, my soul desires the firstripe fruit.   

Have a Blessed Day,
Trisha


2 comments:

  1. We have been reminded many times in Scripture to beware of the things that pull us away from God and true worship of Him. It's a daily struggle to surrender our will to His, confessing our wrong/sin and living our faith. It's sad to see so many compromise and fall away from God. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you with prayers for the kind of fellowship you so desire.

    ReplyDelete