frost

frost

September 19, 2013

Blessed with a Second Crop

Blessed be the name of the Lord



   A few posts back I wrote of planting 
a second crop in our garden.  
Today I want to give God the glory 
for Blessing it. 
    Just look how pretty the sunflowers are,
 the mustard greens in the background 
are lush and tender, as well as the lettuce,
 the turnips are growing faster 
than I can remember in past gardens,
we have lots of little cucumbers setting on,
 the dill is almost ready,
 and the Pink Half Runner beans 
should be ready in about a week.
Miniature gourds are climbing tomato cages and sunflowers
          and marigolds are starting to bloom.  
      Thanking God for Blessing our second crop.  

We are still enjoying the first crop in our garden, 
             and now God had done it again. 
Latter rains, plenty of sunshine, and cooler temperatures. 
 Hope you are Blessed, wherever you are, Trisha

6 comments:

  1. Yes they are beautiful. Sunflowers have done so well here this year due to the warm sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're all set. Love the picture of your pretty sunflowers. I sure with I had more room to have a vegetable garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are officially a gardener when you can have a 2nd successful crop! I love sunflowers!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, don't know if my comment wen through or not....I was just saying how impressed I was that you can grow a 2nd crop in one season!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds beautiful!! You are indeec blessed!

    ReplyDelete