frost

frost

September 07, 2016

Inverted Shelf Redo

    I have been looking for a shelf to sit on our fireplace insert during the Summer months to display small items.  I found this small shelf at our city wide yard sale. It was perfect for what I had in mind.

    The only thing I did was, turn the shelf upside down so it would sit upright, then, I unscrewed the hooks that are now at the top and turned them upside down and screwed them back into place for hanging small items.

    This is without a doubt, the easiest makeover I have done, but, I am pleased with the results.  The items displayed are very sentimental, from the old skeleton key that belonged to my husband's mom, a carbide light that belonged to my husband when he was a boy, and one that belonged to his grandfather, the portable butler, a gift from my father-in-law, the sad iron trivet, a gift from our daughter, and an old sad iron like the one I used as a girl, an old snuff box, and a lodge wrought iron skillet ashtray, a gift for my husband from our daughter.
   
    Hope you are having a beautiful and Blessed day and finding lots of nice old things that bring back happy memories.

TRISHA

No comments:

Post a Comment