frost

frost

May 23, 2011

In the Wake of all these Storms

   Just now I was thinking on the terrible storms that have been raining devastation across the US.  There has been so much pain, and so much affliction, I was thinking, how will those suffering be able to stand.  I no sooner had the thought, that this song came to me:

 Stand By Me  by:  C.A. Tindley

When the storms of life are raging, Stand by me,
When the storms of life are raging, Stand by me.
When the world is tossing me, like a ship upon the sea;
Thou who rulest wind and water, Stand by me.

In the midst of tribulation, Stand by me,
 In the midst of tribulation, Stand by me.
When the host of hell assail, and my strength begins to fail,
Thou who never lost a battle, Stand by me.

This old hymn from the early 1900's, is so relevant for the times we now live in.  These first two verses of the hymn speaks volumes.  So, when I go through seemingly unthinkable circumstances, and think I cannot go on, I can assuredly call on the name of Jesus Christ, and God the Father, to Stand by me.   



1 comment:

  1. Nice song. I know most of the old songs because I attend an oldfashion church ,but I've never heard that one.
    Thank you for the encouragment that you always give me. I appreciate all the kind comments you leave on my blog...they never go un noticed or unappreciated...I promise.
    I hope you are having a blessed week and I pray the encouragement you give me will come back to you over and over each day. God bless you friend. ((hugs))Sandy from One Day At A Time Blog

    ReplyDelete