frost

frost

September 29, 2010

Civil War Ancestry

 Great Grandfather James Jones and Great Grandmother, Arena Ann Bradley Jones are pictured above.  Great Grandfather and his eldest son Lewis walked from their home in Hawkins County Tennessee under the cover of darkness to Pineville Kentucky to join up with the Union Army.  They served in the Union Army until the war ended in 1865 and they returned home.  I am proud that he stood against slavery.  A man of integrity and a woman of endurance.  I hope some day to meet them in Heaven.                                                                       

2 comments:

  1. They are my Great, Great Grandparents. This picture hung in my Grandfathers Bedroom all of my life. Earl Jone.. corbinboat4sale@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to have found this picture and story. James and Arena are my g-g-great grandparents. I have been hunting for information on them and their family for years! Do you have any other stories on the family?

    ReplyDelete