frost

frost

January 21, 2011

Rags to Riches

   But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
(Isaiah ch. 64 v-6)

   Let not your heart be troubled:  ye believe in God, believe also in me.
   In my Father's house are many mansions:  if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.
   And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
(John ch. 14 v-1,2,3)  

    And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl:  and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
   And I saw no temple therein:  for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
   And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it:  for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
   And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it:  and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
(Revelation ch. 21 v-21,22,23,24)

As the word says, our righteousness is as filthy rags.  But when we are drawn to the Lord by the Holy Ghost, and confess our sins and accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour, then we become far richer than possessing any amount of money, because we become heirs to the Kingdom of God.  And that is the best 'Rags to Riches' story I know of.

No comments:

Post a Comment