frost

frost

January 17, 2011

Some of My Favorite Things


Old Buttons and Sewing Notions

   I love to sew, and I love to collect old sewing notions.  I find a lot of vintage sewing items at Vendors Malls, Flea Markets, Estate Sales, and sometimes at Yard Sales.
   When I find vintage material, I like to use it to make aprons and bonnets and such.  My last big find, was a stack of vintage calico print material, at an Estate Sale.  Lord willing, I plan to make doll dresses out of that. 
   I made the little pillow in the picture, to display my Aunt Dema's buttons.  Aunt Dema was one of the most Special ladies, I have ever known.  Having her buttons is a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Trisha, I love vintage items and yours are great! The pillow is so sweet and such a wonderful reminder of a special person. Keep on sewing......and collecting.....and living for our Lord! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete