frost

frost

December 06, 2010

It's Snowing...........Again.


It's Snowing
      December has just begun and it has already been the snowiest December, I can remember in recent years.  When we have snow this early, it makes for a long winter.  This poem was on the Christmas cards I sent several years ago.  
I heard a bird sing in the dark of December,  
               Twas a beautiful thing,
                So sweet to remember. 
   Growing up in Eastern Kentucky in the 50's and 60's, the weather was much like our northern states are today. 
   School was called off, because of snow before Christmas, and often didn't start back until Valentine's day.  When we returned, we took our gifts from where we'd drawn names for Christmas, and our valentines on the same day.   The last several years, we've had rather mild winters and have grown to love them, and to expect them.  But, we take what comes and thank God for it.  Amen.
                        On another note, I came across this scripture in Zechariah 13: 8-9 and wanted to share it with you.......
8.  And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
9.  And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried:  they shall call on my name, and I will hear them:  I will say, It is my people:  and they shall say, The Lord is my God.
   I sometimes think that true Christians are being brought through the fire, right now.  Some in authority now, cater to those of low decree and like passions and persecute Christians.  It ought not be so, but, we know it will come, and maybe now is.
And yet another note:  1 Peter 3:12
12.  For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous and His ears are open unto their prayers:  but, the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
Thank the Lord for looking over us, and hearing our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment